Supporting colleagues who are not enrolled on an accredited professional route to recognition can be a challenge which is why we have written and designed an online solution – the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) Pathway.
The UKPSF Pathway, written by experienced academic developers, is designed to complement your institutional processes. The Pathway guides an applicant through the different stages of assembling a claim for gaining recognition. The UKPSF Pathway is hosted by People Alchemy.
The UKPSF Pathway Process is simple:
- An applicant is introduced to the UKPSF and the mentor who will support him/her through the process of assembling a claim for D1 or D2.
- An applicant works through a series of online tasks within a Pathway ‘module’ that requires him/her to record how their practice aligns with the UKPSF.
- At the end of each module the mentor can view the applicant’s progress and intervene to support if necessary.
The advantages of the UKPSF Pathway are:
- Flexible online support for an applicant that can be blended with face to face contact as required
- Developmental guidance for the mentor
- Light touch recording of progress through the Pathway that benefits the applicant, the mentor and the institution
- Evidence of individual engagement with your institutional UKPSF Scheme that can be used for reporting
- An efficient and effective method of supporting a number of applicants at any one time
If you are looking to bolster or enhance an existing ‘experiential’ route to recognition, or if you are in the process of accrediting your CPD Programme with the HEA, get in touch with us via the Contact page to find out how the UKPSF Pathway can support your institutional development agendas.